Join us at Rug Hooking magazine for a celebration of International Punch Needle Rug Hooking Day (IPNRHD)! Started in 1994 by the founder of The Oxford Company, Amy Oxford, IPNRHD is a chance to spread awareness of this soothing, addictive and beautiful artform around the world.
This year, International Punch Needle Rug Hooking Day is April 10th. To celebrate, we're throwing a fun party all weekend long starting April 9 with our first ever free rug hooking class! This year's theme is hope. The official pattern by punch needle artist and instructor Rebecca Martin of StoryTeller Wool, features a beautiful Crocus flower emerging from the snow. Download your free copy of this pattern from Rebecca's website. And keep it handy; she'll be using it as a guide during our free punch needle class.
About the Event
Punch Needle 101: How to Get Started Punching - Watch the Reply Right Here!
Featuring this year's official pattern: the Crocus
Date: Friday, 4/9 at 2 p.m ET | 1 p.m. CT | 12 p.m. MT | 11 a.m. PT
Hosts: RHM + punch needle instructor and owner of StoryTeller Wool, Rebecca Martin
Join Rug Hooking magazine and punch needle instructor Rebecca Martin for a FREE Punch Needle 101 class, featuring a beautiful new pattern: the Crocus. Punch along with Rebecca as she walks us through the basics of this exciting hobby using the free Crocus pattern. You’ll learn everything from threading the needle to changing colors, to finishing your piece with beautiful borders – and you’ll pick up additional tips and tricks along the way. Plus, attendees will get special access to deals from Rug Hooking magazine.
This is truly an event you won’t want to miss! Spots are limited. Simply click here to reserve your free spot at this EXCLUSIVE rug hooking event.
Help us celebrate International Punch Needle Rug Hooking Day this April with this free virtual class showing you how to get started on your punch needle journey.
What you'll get if you sign up for this free event...
- A PDF download featuring the beautiful Crocus flower pattern
- An exciting punch along with punch needle instructor, Rebecca Martin. Learn all the essentials including: threading the needle, changing colors, borders and finishing your piece.
- Q&A - get your punch needle questions answered!
- Video recording of the event – FREE for all attendees
Watch the replay on YouTube!
Crocus Pattern Materials List
- Paper Pattern (included in the PDF download of the pattern)
- Punch Needle (ex. #10 Oxford Regular Needle)
- Rug hooking monk’s cloth, 12 count
- Bulky weight rug yarn or doubled up worsted weight.
- Small scissors
Note: if you'd like to purchase a kit for this pattern, please visit Rebecca's website.
Meet the Instructor
Rebecca Martin lives in Northern Colorado with her husband, two children, and two dogs. She is a certified Oxford punch needle rug hooking instructor and in the process of obtaining her McGown certification in traditional rug hooking. Drawn to the fiber arts as a young child, Rebecca has a background in needle point and quilting. She discovered rug hooking/punch needle rug hooking during her summers in New England, but didn’t get a chance to immerse herself in the craft until years later in Colorado. When she isn’t monitoring bubbling dye pots for her company StoryTeller Wool, she is designing patterns and working on her own fiber art.
Important Next Steps for You:
2. Sign up for the Rug Hooking magazine Book Club to get the best deals on our latest book releases.
4. Join our Facebook event and like us on Facebook to keep up with the latest updates! We'll be sharing all our tutorials, artist features, tips, tricks and more on these pages.
5. Enter our punch needle challenge from 4/9-4/12 for a chance to win one of three awesome prizes!
Punch Needle Challenge: Enter to win a wool pack from StoryTeller Wool
Want to win your choice of a wool pack from StoryTeller wool? Post a picture of your punch needle project on our Facebook page, in our Punch Party Event, or in our Facebook community group with the hashtag #IPNRHD for your chance to win a special prize. Complete contest rules are below.
- You have until 4/12 to post your version of the Crocus pattern, either completed or in progress.
- There is a maximum of one entry per person, per day from 4/9-4/12.
- The winner will be selected at random on 4/13.
- Winner will be announced 4/13/21 on our Facebook page. Photos posted from 4/9-4/12 will be accepted as an entry into the contest.
- Contest is open to anyone 18+ in the US and Canada. Void in Puerto Rico, the Province of Quebec and where prohibited.